Discuss Forming falls into wet room drain. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

WETROOM GYM 1.jpg
That's how I'd do it and have done several wetrooms like this....2x1" wood cut with falls in, rapidset inbetween wood, thin slc then tile

Last edited by a moderator:
This job is a new build and the whole house floor slab(with UFH)is completely flat and in 1 pour without any expansion joints!
Using sand and cement would create a very large step into the wet room I'm afraid. Even using adh or a preformed tray will create a step,but not as large.

In other words the walk in shower was an after thought ?

I'd do it with S&C myself which would create a step but then the architect should have thought of that tbh.
I wouldn't risk going down some thinner route for fear of break up.

Sounds like tray or step to me.

Diggy

S

Spare Tool

I'd do it with S&C myself which would create a step but then the architect should have thought of that tbh.

Diggy

What exactly is likely to break up going from say 20-30mm drop to drain using flexi rapidest n leveler, you lost me there..
Have done it this way for tiling on and vinyl floor and water goes exactly where it should...straight down the drain :thumbsup:

O

On one

Diggy
When I first went to look at the job I told the customer non slip vinyl would perfect for the job,even doing myself out of the tiling work. And I left the customer thinking that was what they were going to do, but they have been back on the phone wanting a price for tiling.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Forming falls into wet room drain. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
E
I have a friend that's building a wet room at the moment. He doesn't want to use a formed tray...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
Evening chaps.. Run a small company installing kitchens and bathrooms & have been asked to tile...
Replies
Views
So attempting my first wetroom floor. Tough-X Linear wet room kit bought from the very helpful...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB