UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Freezin Up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fliselege

We keep our big diamond cutter running all day, the flow stops it freezing minus 10 or above (ish) but this time of year, here anyway, forget it, if we really have to use it then we take it inside the property we're working in, but you should see the amount of polythene we use covering floors and walls, not often we get a wetroom big enough to put our cutter in, and when we do, we don't need it anyway!

T

Time's Ran Out

When I was a lad you had to break the ice off the barrel in the morning to retrieve your tiles that had been soaking overnight.
Then use the hammer and chisel to cut the tiles - we used to smile as you couldn't feel the pain when you missed the chisel!
But we were really lucky on the darker winter days as the heat from the paraffin lamps would give off the extra heat needed to keep your fingers toasty warm.
Aye - the good auld days - 8 bob a yard and all the sawdust you required.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Freezin Up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.