• Thread starter luisgoldfarb
  • Start date
  • Replies 42
  • Views 4K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss From Argentina in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

luisgoldfarb

Hello!
My name is Luis Goldfarb. My wife Cecilia and I run a small ceramic design and production studio in Alta Gracia, a small city in the mountains of Córdoba, the geographical center of Argentina.
We moved from Buenos Aires to this small city by the end of 2001, in the middle of a nation wide bankruptcy and chaos. We then looked forward to produce small and non fragile ceramic objects, suitable to ship easily and without too much raw materials consumption.
So, for many years, we specialized in manufacturing ceramic jewelry components, buttons, etc.
Some time ago we started again with larger objects, like vases, dinnerware, etc. We bought a high fire new kiln, and began investigation with different stoneware and porcelain clay bodies.
Suddenly, in june 2009, we have been asked to investigate and produce some small stoneware or porcelain tesserae for the mosaic floor restoration of the Teatro Colón, in Buenos Aires.
And this is how our ceramic tiles short story began!!

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

very interesting luis, do you or your company fix the tesserae or tiles in place, or just make them ?
smiley3821.gif

Reply to From Argentina in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

L
Hi! I am currently working in a mosaic restoration project for the Teatro Colón historical...
Replies
Views
luisgoldfarb
L
L
Hi all! I am currently working in the production of some small stoneware bars for the...
Replies
Views
marke
M
D
The History of Glass Tile The origin of glass tile dates back to the second century BCE...
Replies
Views
mikethetile
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
From Argentina
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.