UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Frozen primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Anyone else had a block of ice instead of primer this week? It happened last year and I thought I'd remember to take it out of the van at night this year, but I forgot :mad2:

Yep.......went to get the ready mixed Primer-G out today (in a clear bottle) and had a pretty frozen lump of ice instead (had all the different shades of blue in different layers...weird!)

U

user123

hmmm, that probably means all my gear in the garage s frozen as well. Had the heater on in the studio for three hours and there was a cup of water still frozen in there, I faffed about a bit and went back in the house, just too cold, now I know why I have no urgent commissions..the gods are kind.. not earning a bean either though. Still, it's research and new design ideas time, and I have those aplenty.:)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Not had frozen primer, much worse than that. We have no running water or radiators in the cottage where we are working in. The supply comes through a hose pipe from the owners adjoining property, approx 40m long and its been frozen a few times already. I have to go up a 1:2 hill to get water from his house and it's icy. Got to climb a ladder to get over the wall, over about 5-6 tons of stone and brick and then up the hill, over another wall to his house. Not good.

Luckily he has supplied oil heaters throughout so its not too bad. But plunging hands into ice cold water all day is not fun.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Found this.....

Storage
SBR Bond is best stored at moderate temperatures to avoid the possibility of permanent damage occurring due to prolonged heat or excessive cold. However if frozen, the latex should be thawed slowly. SBR Bond should preferably be stirred before use.

SBR Bond contains sufficient bactericide to preserve the latex under normal storage conditions.

Shelf Life
Minimum of 12 months in original unopened containers.

Acrylic Primers.......

For Best Performance
• Protect from freezing. If partially frozen, material
may be usable if containers are placed in a
heated area and allowed to warm gradually.
Do not apply heat directly to the containers.

Mine are in the house thawing out..........I'll check it tomorrow???

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Frozen primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.