Discuss *Fuerteventura* in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi guys,
As some of you know, my 2013 holiday was in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands.

As a lot of the hot countries the use of tiles is GREAT!
Everywhere I have been when there was tiled somewhere, the usual kitchens & bathrooms. But outside paths, patio's, garden walls etc.

What's your thoughts on this?
(Photos to follow)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I saw lads tiling a pavement when I was over there and they made a right mountain out of a mole hill. They'd bought a machine they towed that held water and dispensed it with a hose to mix with, they were mixing sand and cement with their feet on a board, there were two lads for that, one for the water machine, one ripping up cracked tiles, a flat bed truck to throw the tiles in, they'd coned off the pavement and had signs saying cross over, a van that bought them all to 'the site', and all 7 would watch the one whack it down with a hammer.

Christ knows how long it took them to tile a road's worth. They must have been there years doing the whole islands.

I saw lads tiling a pavement when I was over there and they made a right mountain out of a mole hill. They'd bought a machine they towed that held water and dispensed it with a hose to mix with, they were mixing sand and cement with their feet on a board, there were two lads for that, one for the water machine, one ripping up cracked tiles, a flat bed truck to throw the tiles in, they'd coned off the pavement and had signs saying cross over, a van that bought them all to 'the site', and all 7 would watch the one whack it down with a hammer.

Christ knows how long it took them to tile a road's worth. They must have been there years doing the whole islands.

Haha ha not seen a pavement :eek:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to *Fuerteventura* in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB