• Thread starter Abstract tiling
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 288
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss fuming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Abstract tiling

well finished at a rstaraunt today vlient very happy, so went to the next job i have which is a small supermarket toilets and disabled toilets to tile. only to be told that the plumber is going to tile them now i waqs speachless as the bloke im working for had promised me the job so i walked away as the plumber was stood looking very smug, im supposed to be doing a fancy apartment aswell for the same guy now im wondering if the plumbers are goinmg to be doing that aswell. if so ive just lost over a months work that id had booked in

ive a meeting with the bloke im doing the work for tommorow, im not even sure if he knows the plumber has agreed to do the tiling as he has agreed it with the client behind his back i think?? all will be more clear 2mz i hope?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
becarefull,plumbers are the elitists of the building trade(these days),they have to do all them exams so they can connect water and gas and stuff up together,with plastic push on stuff:hurray:
every plumber i know moans about this thing he has got to pay for and that, so he can justify chargeing his 30/40quid a hour.
leccys are getting the same.
its the wet trades who, imo, work the hardest,are the most skillfull with there hands,and finish the job off,make the job look finished

A

Abstract tiling

well bumped into the plumber today and said , in a nice way, hello tile thief. couldnt help myself. and i asked him about the supermarket job and he said here mate i dont want to do the tiling its all yours it was the client trying to get me to do a deal, he even mentioned he wouldnt know how to tile,lol. so spoke to the man im working for and it was the first he had heard and just laughed and said u will always do my tiling. so panic over.obvious the client trying to save a few quid.

T

Time's Ran Out

With small splashbacks I often get the client to sign the back of a *** packet on acceptance - but with the larger jobs I tend to use the back of an old envelope.:lol:
Nowt worse than having work accepted and booked in only to find when you arrive someone else is doing it.:thumbsdown:
Prehaps an order/acceptance/confirmation form might work with all terms of trading - including cancellation - included.

Hope you get it sorted for Monday.

Reply to fuming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I just got a new bathroom done through a plumber, who managed the whole process (I had no...
Replies
Views
Just had following work done: downstairs toilet - replaced toilet and sink and tiled the floor...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
fuming
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.