Discuss funny put downs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

The other week, a joiner on site was going round at the end of the job to measure up. The labourer said to him "Are you away to measure up? You don't need such a big tape measure".

Another one was about two years ago on a job with a squad of tilers. There was a father and son and a few others. One of the tilers said at the teabreak "I had a dream last night that I was riding Jenny (their daughter/sister), it was so realistic and she was an animal". The young apprentice piped in "Did you have it up her hole?". Needless to say the father and son didn't find it as amusing as everyone else.

S

Spud

The other week, a joiner on site was going round at the end of the job to measure up. The labourer said to him "Are you away to measure up? You don't need such a big tape measure".

Another one was about two years ago on a job with a squad of tilers. There was a father and son and a few others. One of the tilers said at the teabreak "I had a dream last night that I was riding Jenny (their daughter/sister), it was so realistic and she was an animal". The young apprentice piped in "Did you have it up her hole?". Needless to say the father and son didn't find it as amusing as everyone else.
i am surprised there wasnt a punch up

M

mikethetile

I was working away on a job when I was an apprentice and the job was being run by the firms plumber

he was full of himself and like a little hitler, he couldnt have kids so we used to call him jaffa which really annoyed him

every week he would bring 5 hard boiled eggs , one for each day and every day he would crack the shell on his forehead before peeling it, one day we hatched a plan {groan} to replace the egg with an unboiled one. I ended up sitting next to him on a stack of scaffold boards and for some reason he changed tack and cracked the egg on the board. after we had all stopped laughing he said to me whats that, pointing at the egg spilt on the board , what have you been doing

I replied ,,,,,,,,,,,its not mine ive got tadpoles in mine

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
my fave is one I heard off a site agent whilst describing a plumber (I think!..oh memory loss!) his line was "He couldn't pour P*** out of a shoe if the instructions were on the heel"..I use that one all the time!

I'll have to remember that one, the 'he couldn't run a pee'up in a brewery' has worn well thin. And the 'about as good as a chocolate fireguard/kettle' one's pretty expected these days.

Reply to funny put downs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
funny put downs
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.