UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Gary Speed MBE has died 27/11/2011 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Re: Gary speed has died

cant under stand why a guy like him who has so much to look forward to in life should take is own life !!! leaving a wife and two children to live without a dad . so very very sad . we will all miss a man of his quality..

You never know what is going on inside someone head, I guess the gutter press will be sympathetic today but digging the dirt soon enough. :thumbsdown:

U

user123

Re: Gary speed has died

The Dad of my best friend in Germany hanged himself, they found him in the open spiral staircase returning from school, absolutely dreadful. I had known him since I was 2 or so, he was very much like Gary, very very fit and sporty and fair and well liked, brilliant skier, handballer, sportsman through and through, very good looking, happily married, 3 healthy kids, and nobody knew he had been suffering from depression, if you had told me at any stage I wouldn't have believed it. He was around the same age. The family and my friend have never really recovered, it's just dreadful and I think, too, it's a supremely selfish act, but only if you can see outside of yourself still, severly depressed people just don't seem to be able to.
Very very sad, and knowing how this ripples through the community and makes everybody question everything, for years and lifetimes afterwards, well, I hope others who even think of it think again. They don't have to suffer anymore, but the rest of their family and friends will suffer forever. Horrible.

Reply to Gary Speed MBE has died 27/11/2011 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Gary Speed MBE has died 27/11/2011
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.