Discuss Gemini Revolution XT ring saw FLAWS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MakenaTile

I word of caution on this tile saw- It's a great concept- built with poor quality parts! Not worth the money unless your a mural maker and have to have one...or 4.

Yep! I’m on my 4th one of these saws in 4 years. And I only use it for about 5 hours a month to cut slate, travertine and marble 12×12 tile into mural pieces. Very low use with soft materials. It cuts VERY VERY slow. Like 5 inches a minute compared to 12″ in 2 seconds on a 10″ tile saw. Sprays water from shoulder to knee- When you use the water system that comes with it- it runs water off the top EVERYWHERE. While it’s quiet when new- it gets loud as the bearings start falling apart- in a few weeks.
Skip the stand, sliding tray -meant for strait cuts (way too slow) and the 45 ang. gigs and you will pay about $845. However…. Expect to pay an additional $845 a YEAR just to keep the saw working!

They have known problems- 1)The bearings used in the saw aren’t up to the job. They blow apart in as little as 3 days. Half will blow out in the first 2 months. All by 6 months- This is the rate at just 5 hours of use a month. No warranty on bearings period. Replacements cost $12.99 each. The saw has 11 of them. 2)The belt stretches out quickly as well- $30 bucks each.
3)Bad water system- the collected muck ruins the saw.The inventor himself, Jesse, told me how to make a better water system for the saw. He knows the bearings don’t hold up but doesn’t want to pay more then the $2.50 each he pays now (he said so himself) He insisted I use his other water system instead of the one the saw comes with. 4) small scraps collect under the edge of the top cover plate and later fall down blade slot into the bearings part of saw- occasionally throwing off the belt or blowing up bearings.- rust shows up under there as well.

BETTER WATER SYSTEM- place the saw in a Felker/full size wet saw tray-plug out- draining into two offset stacked 5 gal buckets with the hole from top to bottom bucket half way up the top bucket and a water pump suspended half way down the bottom bucket- creating a muck separating system. Pump hose routs up and tucks into the top back of the cover underneath. Add 1/2 cup car wash n wax to the water. (dish soap strips the lubrication- car wash and wax doesn’t and it makes less bubbles))This system will help the saw last a lot longer.

Water spray solution: take a tall plastic soft drink cup- cut from rim down side to the edge of the bottom 2 times- 2" apart. bend the 2" wide long piece out- now flip over onto top of saw blades top guide with the "tab" laying on top of the top guard plate- and remainder of cup hanging down over front of blade. Adjust so its not hitting blade- use clothes pin or other clip to secure tab to top guard plate. The cup shields you from getting sprayed. hint: use a clear cup...

Other then that… Its a great saw! Can’t do my murals without it. I just use it as little as possible. I’ve been a tile contractor for 6 1/2 years and have used it maybe only twice on a regular job.

ps- the first two I had were the old model and both had manufacture alignment problems and lasted only 5 and 7 months- I was given just one XT model as a warranty replacement for the two old model saws. DO NOT buy a used older model.

I'm a tile mural carver in Hawaii. I carve 3D tropical picture murals. Please see my web site: makenatile.com

Reply to Gemini Revolution XT ring saw FLAWS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
http://www.*************************.com/water-underfloor-heating-152-w.asp Supplying Water...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Gemini Revolution XT ring saw FLAWS
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.