Search the forum,

Discuss Genesis Tiger trowel in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

image.jpg
I have been trying out the Genesis Tiger trowel, yes the wobble notch item.
It is said to enable you to get a solid bed of adhesive. In the past I have tried the Rubi 45 degree notch and the Raimondi slant notch but this is by far the best. It doesnt use as much adhesive as you would think and in my tests gave a solid bed of adhesive.
My only issue was the handle, while it seemed fine when holding it at first, as my hands became wet from water and adhesive it became harder to hold. Wasnt a major problem and maybe it was more because I was used to the Rubi handles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi sorry for hijack, is the genesis tiger trowel suitable most tiles and locations? Ceramic tiles 360x270mm on plasterboard and marmox bathroom and shower walls? 457mm sq Travertine floor tiles on Ditra 25?
Thanks Ed

It's a solid-bed trowel by the sounds of it. I've never seen or used one. Brilliant for floors or uneven walls, but perhaps an overkill when it comes to flat surfaces like plasterboard and Marmox. For those areas you could do with a 10mm square notch or even maybe 6mm (for walls only mind).

Reply to Genesis Tiger trowel in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement