Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss genesis tile cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilingLogistics

All cutters have their ups and downs IMO. Personally I think the Montolits and Sigmas have the edge. I started with a CT 1 which sounds like this Genesis cutter a twin rail system. Against the Montolit it fades into insignificance but you only get what you pay for IMO. For everyday stuff I am sure your Genesis will get you started until you get more experience or come across something it won't cut but until then persevere.

These single rail cutters from Rubi have been out for a while now! Any feedback on them from the people who have them?

Kev

andy-p

TF
Arms
Why risk it with the 'sigma copy' rubi @ £175 when you can get the real thing
(a Sigma S3B for £230). That's an extra £55 for the 'real McCoy'. It's all about opinions but I wouldn't touch a Rubi again (unless they come out with a complete new range) after using and buying 2 Sigmas. And after how their rep deals with after care service on a new £700 bridge cutter, I would be reluctant to buy anything Rubi. It may sound like I have an axe to grind with Rubi (maybe I have??). Their TS60 plus can't handle porcelain and their after care service is wanting - that's been my experience anyway....

Andrew

Andrew
everything you said about rubi i agree with scully !! i was talked out of buying a rubi bridge cos of poor build quality and went for a rodia instead, sold my ts70 cos it was hopeless, and replaced it with a monty..

B

Branty

Why risk it with the 'sigma copy' rubi @ £175 when you can get the real thing
(a Sigma S3B for £230). That's an extra £55 for the 'real McCoy'. It's all about opinions but I wouldn't touch a Rubi again (unless they come out with a complete new range) after using and buying 2 Sigmas. And after how their rep deals with after care service on a new £700 bridge cutter, I would be reluctant to buy anything Rubi. It may sound like I have an axe to grind with Rubi (maybe I have??). Their TS60 plus can't handle porcelain and their after care service is wanting - that's been my experience anyway....

Andrew

Andrew
It does take a measure of skill to use the rubi correctly. :grin:

D

Droopy

Monty and sigmas are far to bulky. The rubi is a machine of finesse.

A 630mm Sigma is probably less bulky than even a TS600, nevermind the TX range.

The only Rubi I have that I like is the TX. The TS, and TS+, are nowhere near as good as my Sigmas.

But I have to say, after seeing Lee from Rubi demostrate the new TI range, if I were to buy a new cutter tomorrow it would be the TI.

Very much like the Sigma, but with a wee bit more thought put into it.

O

Olz

I can see i'm gonna have to be careful when it comes to buying tools. Everything i'd read before this thread seemed to suggest that Rubi was the way to go... Now i have no idea at all! :lol:

That's the beuty of a forum like this beanz, everyones uses something different and can share their own experiences, best thing to do is 'try before you buy' so to speak, and buy the one you like best. :thumbsup:

P

penno

Peronally use Rubi and i am more than happy with the products they produce. A HUGE company who are not afraid to change when a change is needed (hence the new cutters). Have TS cutters 40, 50 and 60, TX 700 and 900 and never had a single problem with them, if a part breaks or is lost it is very easy to replace as they are available from most tile dealers on the web, even down to a catch on the case. However Rubi have obviously thought they can improve there products which they have. As for cutting the likes of Porcelain you show me a better tool for the job than something from the TX range, nothing comes near them.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Monty and sigmas are far to bulky. The rubi is a machine of finesse.
you ever used the tx 1200 branty ?? :lol: its funny how some people get all loyal to a brand no matter what, i have rubi , sigma and monty cutters and i dont care about brand just which cutters can do the job best and without a shadow of doubt the siggy and monty are better, the only cutter i aint tried is the rubi ti...

Reply to genesis tile cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Plazma cutter causing SPD failure?? Discussion ThreadPlazma cutter causing SPD failure...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've just bought a montolit minipiuma and noticed the rail is quite stiff. Does...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
genesis tile cutters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%