UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Genesis Tile Levelling System in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
With any of these types of levelling systems I'd always been concerned about the fact that if the tile has dipped, there isn't enough adhesive under it. And if you force the tile up to level, you're either sucking air under or you have some form of air pocket. Or you're pulling adhesive from under the adjacent already fixed tiles.

You should really just use a straight edge across many tiles to ensure they're all even and flat. Use a level if you want them actually level but generally unless it's a new floor it'll be flat mostly, not always fully level though.

I'm yet to have a go and probably never will. But I'd imagine you could get the tiles to 'wave' over a large floor if you rely on those only and not a straight edge.

B

bugs183

I think that the Genisis system and the Lash system are the same.
There are certainly two camps out about the use of these clips. I've been tiling over 20 years and i think they are really helpful, another tiler i know scoffed, but tried them and he is a convert too.
These are not for bad laying or bad floors, i understand Dans point completely, but we are only talking of adkusting the tile heights by a fraction.
I never use them on a bad floor or wall, as never tile bad surfaces anyway. If you have the correct bed of adhesive underneath then the the clip will easily slide under, so i understand the voids issues, but you wouldn't use these as a substitute for floor preparation.
These do not speed things up, can be fiddly, and are not useful for every job, but it's the finished product that always counts, and it really does give you a great looking floor, especially on large formats.
I think it's bonkers that tilers here haven't tried them, and dismiss them.

L

LukepAdams

Hi Gentlemen,

I have been selling the system for the last two years and I can honestly say every fixer I know of and speak to that has bought them has found them useful, easy to work with and understood the concept and science behind it.

Like Bugs183 says (Thankyou Bugs) There are two camps out there that have either embraced them or not tried them yet (and yes, some will probably never give it a fair go) but for so many reasons they are useful and I havent encountered an objection from a tiler that I have not been able to overcome with them.

All I can say to the doubters is please give it a try and you will not be disappointed with the results. The momentum in popularity in the last two years has increased immensly and it is now widely availible now thanks to national distributors like CTD and online retailers like ******************* and tradetiler.com

Obviously, working for Genesis I will say the GLS system is the best on the market but it is a little bigger than that in the industry. Rubi, QEP, Raimondi, Tuscan, ATR etc. all have products that are designed to help create a lippage-free tiling job and there is a general acceptance now that these types of products are a day to day item to help the fixer finish his job in the most professional way. Not to be critical of anyones fixing methods but we all have to accept that tiles have become larger and tougher in the last 5-6 years and we werent all tiling 1200 x 1200 porcelain 20 years ago... It is now a tougher job that demands new tools to help the fixer.

I hope this helps but if you want to know any more please send me a message and let me know. Happy to help...

D

DHTiling

Hi Gentlemen,

I have been selling the system for the last two years and I can honestly say every fixer I know of and speak to that has bought them has found them useful, easy to work with and understood the concept and science behind it.

Like Bugs183 says (Thankyou Bugs) There are two camps out there that have either embraced them or not tried them yet (and yes, some will probably never give it a fair go) but for so many reasons they are useful and I havent encountered an objection from a tiler that I have not been able to overcome with them.

All I can say to the doubters is please give it a try and you will not be disappointed with the results. The momentum in popularity in the last two years has increased immensly and it is now widely availible now thanks to national distributors like CTD and online retailers like ******************* and tradetiler.com

Obviously, working for Genesis I will say the GLS system is the best on the market but it is a little bigger than that in the industry. Rubi, QEP, Raimondi, Tuscan, ATR etc. all have products that are designed to help create a lippage-free tiling job and there is a general acceptance now that these types of products are a day to day item to help the fixer finish his job in the most professional way. Not to be critical of anyones fixing methods but we all have to accept that tiles have become larger and tougher in the last 5-6 years and we werent all tiling 1200 x 1200 porcelain 20 years ago... It is now a tougher job that demands new tools to help the fixer.

I hope this helps but if you want to know any more please send me a message and let me know. Happy to help...

Hi Luke, i have not had chance to meet you yet but i would put this system to test for you if you like, i am only a few miles from you , so let me know if you want a fully unbiased road test , i have a 140 mtr polished stone floor to tile on 600x600 slabs of marble... so a worthy project to test the system on..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Genesis Tile Levelling System in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Tilers Forums .co.uk is being used as a menu system to the main tile forums...
Replies
Views
Has anyone done any work like this? We are having a pvc door removed between dining and utility...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.