Discuss Getting 'back' into the industry.. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Getting 'back' into the industry.. Discussion ThreadGetting 'back' into the industry.. Electrical Advice

Hello all - my first post. I'm looking to get 'back' into the industry, or on the tools should I say and looking for opinions on the best route to do so.

A little about me, I started my career as an electrical apprentice and a few years after, working in a manufacturing setting. My main skills were in LV installation, maintenance, PLCs, Drives and general manufacturing processes.

After leaving that company I joined one of the main electrical manufacturers and have worked there since in various technical/commercial roles. I'm now at the point where I'd like to depart and set my own company up, contracting, maintenance, energy monitoring and so on. Works would be in a mix of domestic but mainly commercial/industrial.

Some of my quals:
Time served apprenticeship
NVQ3 Electrical Maint
17th Edition (13 years ago!)
Few outdated courses - PAT, safety etc.

My question, which I'm looking for advice on is where is best to start?
Certification with NICEIC/Napit, 18th edition, inspection and testing etc?

Any thoughts and advice really welcome. Thank you!

Getting 'back' into the industry.. for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Getting 'back' into the industry.. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Getting 'back' into the industry.. Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond