Discuss Glue on chipboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alstal10

Hi all,
ive got a small floor to tile with 250x330 black quarts floor tile in an en suite, the floor is chipboard but had vinyl squares on it. As the vinyl squares where loose around the edges i decided to take them all up! This has left the floor very sticky with glue. I was going to seal the floor with sbr, im using two part flexi adhesive under the tile, im a bit unsure if the adhesive will stick to the chipboard? Or will i have to get the glue off? If so what product do i use to get rid of the glue? Also should i have left the vinyl down & lay over them?
Many thanks. Alan.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Glue on chipboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB