Discuss Going from BAL to Mapei in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Benny Tiler

Hi All

After reading many very positive things on here about mapei products I'm thinking about using them instead of BAL.

Having looked on their website, I'm not sure which products I would need though. i.e. Where as I use a single part flexible on walls, should I be getting the Keraflex or the Keraflex maxi? Which do you guys tend to use?

Also, where I would normally use the fastflex 2 part flexible on a floor overlaid with 12mm ply, would that be mapei's granirapid?

Thanks
Ben

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Checkout MAPEI - PDF Flip Pages

and MAPEI - PDF Flip Pages

Though I'm sure you'll get some of the guys clued up on Mapei respond.

I shifted from BAL to Mapei (though don't tile much at all, just friends and family) and I quickly got used to it and do prefer it price-wise as it's drastically cheaper and I'd dare say it could be better? - That said BAL is good. It's just a shame it's so expensive generally.

Obviously if you ever need to get advice quickly, Mapei's Technical Helpline is very quick and the guys are spot on. I know some time ago the BAL techline was very very busy and some guys struggled to get through quickly. Though I think they may have sorted that problem out, whatever it was.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
As a newbie around these parts I've noticed that everyone tends to consider BAL very good, but very expensive.

What sort of price would you consider cheap for any particular adhesive/
The discounts being offered to me through ********** trade discount for BAL are nearly as cheap as their own brand stuff?

We can't quote trade prices in the main forums. Get access to the tilersforums arms and there's a whole pricing forum for the professionals to use.

Reply to Going from BAL to Mapei in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Going from BAL to Mapei
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.