Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Good Idea or Bad Idea ..... ?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stu-180

Pretty much at the half way point of my own bathroom refit (all the walls are tiled now, power shower plumbed in and rad fitted).

The plumber had to hack out some of the bodge job flooring that the old house owner has stuck down (a bit of chipboard and other random bits of wood in one corner of the room).

Now my original plan was to screw down the floor boards and then overboard it with 18mm ply and screw that down ever 6" ...... but now im thinking would it be a good Idea just to whip out all the floor boards and just board out with 18mm ply ?

This would be better in the sense that I wouldn't be raising the height of the room but would it be strong enough ?

I would be using 300x300 8mm thick ceramics with flexible Bal adhesive and grout.

Or should I just replace the damaged corner of the room and stick to overboarding it all ??

S

stu-180

Hmm that could be an issue as I have 3 huge sheets of perfectly good ply sitting in my shed :smilewinkgrin:

I could always screw some 2X1 to run along with the joists to reduce the gap even more, maybe eve run some the other way to bridge to gap to really strengthen it all up.

Think this would make a much nicer job rather than having a 1"+ step into the room.

recon i could get away with 18mm ? or just overboard it to be on the safe side.

Reply to Good Idea or Bad Idea ..... ?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm about to start on an upstairs wetroom. There will be wet underfloor heating going in via...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Good Idea or Bad Idea ..... ??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.