Discuss Good news.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
What a brilliant bloke he is. I was reading this late last night: BBC NEWS | UK | Academic pledges to give away £1m

And I couldn't help but think that this bloke gives away money to companies (charities) and he doesn't really know where the money is going. On the flip side, he needs to give the money to that bloke in the video, he WOULD use all of it directly to feed. Which is what is should all be about.

U

user123

Just read it, Dan, that's pretty impressive. Howard and I adhere to the 10% policy, have done for years, and both have our own favourite causes, but 30%, I think we'd struggle big time, it's not that easy now. Actually, I do believe that money is a bit like a current, movement generates movement, if you give out, the same or more comes back to you..some people scoff, but I just trust that something will turn up if things are really tough and they have been often enough.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I've always said help close to home, and it'll soon spread. Give a bloke down the road a chance, and tell him when he's on his feet to help somebody else. I don't ike giving to charities that give money abroad. Africa can be corrupt, and comic relief money can fall into the wrong hands. Though I help my local charities quite a bit and my mum has an addiction to charity shops (both giving and buying from! - can't get her out of her local one a couple of street away from where she lives).

But that bloke in the vid is something else. Wouldn't you like to know it's blokes like him your cash is going to and not a bloke in a suit driving a merc and high-flying to parts of the world acting like a god and giving money to anybody who says they need a school just so he gets brownie points from his 'donators' and look good and get more cash the next year from them.

Reply to Good news.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

UK Tiling Forum Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum. Here at TilersForums.com we have hosted a place...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views
I'm getting some repair work done in a bathroom covered by my home insurance, they are picking...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Good news..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.