Discuss Good price for tiles.... ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Ok.

I'm re doing my own kitchen at the moment and in a few weeks time will be tiling splash backs and behind the cooker. I want to use metro style cream coloured tiles. I have looked at a few places (not online though) including topps, tile giant and a few independents as I've been passing their doors whilst out and about. The cheapest price I've found so far is actually B&Q who are asking £18.00 per square meter. I normally get a trade point discount of between 10 and 15 % so that would bring it down to about £16 per square meter.

Is that a reasonable price. I'm guessing I will need about 6square meters in total although not measured up yet...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
These are the Mini Metro tiles from my supplier, good quality and excellent glazed finish

Mini Metro | Tiles and Mosaics

I would get 30% off list price and could get that for you Alan if you wanted

Thats a lovely offer john. Thank you. :) These are not really the right ones though I don't think. The ones I'm looking at are 50tiles per square meter so are a bit bigger.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
How about these Alan, done a bathroom in the sage green and it looks stunning

Metro Bevel tiles 10x30 | Tiles and Mosaics

nope :) needs to be either cream or teal blue ... that's what the wife says anyway... and she also keeps telling me size matters and as the gap between the worktops and the units is 515mm the tiles want to be 100 mm x 200mm to avoid too much cutting.... I'm rubbish at cutting

These are the ones she's got her eye on at the moment.... Colours Underground Pack of 50 Gloss Cream Wall Tiles (L)200 x (W)100mm, 5010921474878

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
nope :) needs to be either cream or teal blue ... that's what the wife says anyway... and she also keeps telling me size matters and as the gap between the worktops and the units is 515mm the tiles want to be 100 mm x 200mm to avoid too much cutting.... I'm rubbish at cutting

These are the ones she's got her eye on at the moment.... Colours Underground Pack of 50 Gloss Cream Wall Tiles (L)200 x (W)100mm, 5010921474878

Did some repair work on these a couple of weeks ago - they were very badly fitted around window and into reveal. I removed them, fixed a window board - looks better than tiled metro sill IMO

metrosill.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Yes they look nice. My sills will actually be cut as an inset to the work tops as the sill height matches the unit height. Here is a pic of the job so far. Still finishing the other side of the kitchen so not quite ready yet
3e2u2ame.jpg

I may be tempted to go for a matt black metro or just a black flat tile with the colour scheme you have, looks very rustic Alan

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Yeah we thought about black but had glossy black splash backs before and felt it made the kitchen look quite dark. With the plasterboard showing it does lighten the whole thing up. We're going for a rustic but easy to maintain look I think... :) I did put the drawer front on upside down in this pic. I've yet to turn it over so the handles line up.... Might be one of those finishing off jobs that never gets done....

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
You will need to be careful if the tile colour matches the unit - you'll find that the units and wall just merge into one and if they do, it could have a tendency to look bland

PS sort that handle out as well Alan!!!!!

Ok dad!!! :)

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Don't go for cream or beige Alan - might clash with your cardigan :sofahide:

Hahaha.... And of course it would stain easily from my pipe smoke.... Anyway... We are out of cardigan season and into full blown Arran polo neck sweater season now :)

- - - Updated - - -

Now thinking about your Matt black suggestion but still think it might look too dark.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Good price for tiles.... ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've been dipping in and out of hear for a few years, always the best advice...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB