Discuss Google Maps Warning! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

For any of you on Google Maps via Google Places for business, watch out for a phone call from Google Maps Ireland office - +35315431000

If you have listed your address & you work away from home ie: service customers at the home or business & not at home like a shop, as all of you do, they will DELETE your listing!

I had a call from them today, he asked is this your address which he recited and then asked if I did my work in other people's home which I said yes, he then said. Thank you for your time. Hung up & deleted my listing.

I did a few searches about this and it seems it is breaking Google rules to list your address but service customers at there's

"Well, your listing was deleted. Your address mustn't have been hidden, and so being in violation of their guidelines, the rep removed your listing. I don't think there's anything left to do but start again, this time making sure you're not breaking the rules. "

http://www.localseoguide.com/hey-seos-if-google-maps-calls-dont-answer/

http://www.warriorforum.com/offline...eleted-after-phone-call-any-way-get-back.html

B

Bubblecraft

I'm absolutely gutted. Took months to get it set up just right including waiting 8 weeks for a verification number.

I've sent a message to them so will wait for a response before I see how to proceed. I can see me having to delete my account fully & start again.

I've had a few big jobs from it as I had my ranking come up first in my area for Joinery, Electrical, Plumbing, Tiling, Plastering & Decorating. Really easy to set up for one business, really hard to get top hits on them all!

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
interesting you brought this up gus as recenty my google maps has been removed completely for my area resulting in far fewer enquiries i was about to contact them when i started being bombarded with phone calls from companies claiming to be google and would i like to sign up to set fee seo? as well as this for the 1st time ever my cost doubled ina month on my adwords not really sure whats happening but im also gutted took me years to get my reviews etc added up im gonna contact google soon and discuss whats happening

B

Bubblecraft

If you try calling the number back, you either need an extension number or a contact name. It's strange as my listing is still there in Google places but if you click to view, it's gone!

3u8avysa.jpg

Here's the link to report it:
http://support.google.com/places/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1386120&page=ts.cs

Click on - My listing no longer appears on Google Maps or is incorrectly marked as closed.

You will then get an email that you can reply to to tell them additional information. I take it it will be a while before they reply to it

B

Bubblecraft

Thought I'd update you all on this.

After 17 emails & 3 phone calls, I got this rectified & listing now live again. When it comes down to it, they had no legitimate reason to delete my listing.

Here's a the emails that were back & forward & hope it helps others out there:

27th Feb - Me

Dear Google Team

After receiving a phone call from your Ireland Office - 00 353 1543 10 00 today at 15:33, my listing has been removed from Google maps though listing still shows under Google Places for business.

I receive a lot of business via Google & require this to be rectified as soon as possible as it took months to verify my account & to show on Google.

I appreciate your quick assistance on this matter. I am more than happy to communicate with you should you require any further information.

28th Feb - Google

Greetings Gus,

Thanks for your cooperation in the matter! In the course of my investigation I see that your business title is not the same as the one listed on your website. As per our guidelines, we want our listings to reflect the business exactly as it does in real life. If possible, please fix the business title to match your business.

28th Feb - Me

Hi Michael

Thank you for you assistance in this matter. The business title on my website has now been changed to reflect my business in real life. We do trade as "Couple a' Tools - All Trades - Erskine". If you wish further proof that this is the title we trade as, I'd be more than happy to provide additional information.

Hope this can now be resolved.

1st March - Google

Hey Gus,

That would be absolutely fantastic. If possible can you please send a picture with the full name? Thank you very much for your cooperation!

1st March - Me - Pics sent

4th March - Google

Greetings Gus,

Thanks for the photos, you've been fantastic to work with.

We have identified the cause of your listing not showing and we have queued your listing up for review.

We don't have a concrete timeline which we can give for this. We are working with our Engineering teams to establish a pathway to revive your listing. Your submission helps us keep track of this problem and we will be reviewing your listing. I'll also be following up with you once your listing is reviewed.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

4th March - Me

Hi Michael

Thank you for your email. I hope this can be rectified soon as I am losing business due to this being removed.

I would just like to ask a question, why was my listing deleted without prior notice? The questions that were asked on the phone call did not relate to this at all. It would be far better customer service if the questions could relate to the problem & let the customer know how to rectify this. If it is a breach of terms & conditions, which in this case it wasn't, then I understand.

5th March - Me

Hi Michael

My secretary received another phone call from your selfs today to our office number this time. An indian woman instead of an irish woman. She asked the same questions & was ready to hang up within 10 seconds but my secretary kept her on the phone to explain her self.

Again, she was going to delete the listing, even though the listing is already removed! This time she was saying because we are trading from a residential address, she was going to delete it. After explaining that we take card payments in our office at our home from clients & also stated that we have not listed our address to be viewable anyway, this wouldn't matter.

She then stuttered & tried to think of another excuse. She then implied that we should change our name to Couple a' Tools only instead of Couple a' Tools - All Trades - Erskine which is absolutely ridiculous. We explained that this is our trading name registered with HMRC, is on our business cards, on our vans & all stationary.

After explaining all this she said that everything is fine then. Apparently the listing is deleted before you lot even make a phone call without even asking further questions. She stated that the listing will be re-instated within 24 hours.

Again, this is terrible customer service & wasting a lot of my time. I am extremely livid in the service as this listing has taken months to build. I have been nothing but helpful towards your enquiry to have this rectified.

I would appreciate a reply to this email.

5th March - Google

Hey Gus,

Thanks for the follow up Gus, it seems that your listing is now live here: https://plus.google.com/104529676416119351195/about

In regards to the the caller, as per our policy, we require thorough checks to be made before we are allowed to delete listings. In cases such as these, it may be possible it can be from an unaffiliated source especially if they did not identify themselves as Google members. Looking through our logs, I am unable to see any indication of an operative calling your business. If you are experiencing any additional removals or issues with your listing, please let me know.

7th March - Me

Hi Michael

I see my listing is live but for some reason, it will not show on Google as my correct location. It shows as Glasgow city centre. In my settings under Google Places for business, everything is correct. Shows my address & my coverage area.

I do not want to be pulled up AGAIN for a third time for wrong location as this time, it IS actually incorrect and through no fault of my own. Can you please rectify this for me as it will not let me do it.

8th March - Google

Hey Gus,

As stated in my previous response, it will take some time for your location to appear in the correct location. This is common with all newly reinstated listings so please be patient while your listing changes to the correct location. If your listing has not yet changed in a week, please reply back and let me know and I will look deeper into the issue.

9th March - Finally back to normal

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Google Maps Warning! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Man gets fined for traveling from Sheffield to Stoke to buy tile adhesive. Note that you can...
Replies
Views
I think this is okay to do. I can't see this upsetting a relationship you have. But by all means...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB