Discuss Got stung on this one in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Got a call back from a customer telling me the bathroom I did about 18 months ago has developed a problem.
The sloping ceiling next to the shower is tea staining and gets wet every time they use the shower.
Been so busy but finally found time to get back round there.

Removed tile and everything bone dry. Put a stop end on and cranked up the shower just to
prove to owners (and myself) that there's no problem with the plumbing.
So battened it off and refixed the tile

So owners were none the wiser and a little upset. I offered to cut into the water damaged ceiling to see if that would tell us anything to
which they agreed

Found a 2 foot square active wasps nest.
Hole got bigger and bigger

Filled this bucket 4 times

Got stung 6 times on my feet (had shoes off due to cream carpets)

Just wondering how much to charge them - thinking a tenner a sting

H

Handyeire

Got a call back from a customer telling me the bathroom I did about 18 months ago has developed a problem.
The sloping ceiling next to the shower is tea staining and gets wet every time they use the shower.
Been so busy but finally found time to get back round there.

Removed tile and everything bone dry. Put a stop end on and cranked up the shower just to
prove to owners (and myself) that there's no problem with the plumbing.
So battened it off and refixed the tile

So owners were none the wiser and a little upset. I offered to cut into the water damaged ceiling to see if that would tell us anything to
which they agreed

Found a 2 foot square active wasps nest.
Hole got bigger and bigger

Filled this bucket 4 times

Got stung 6 times on my feet (had shoes off due to cream carpets)

Just wondering how much to charge them - thinking a tenner a sting

WASPS!!!! I hate the wee fkrs, they raided my beehive mid season and cleaned it out. Not a bee left or even any honey in the brood box :( me and my son spent half the day killing them to no avail, there was just far to many of them.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Got stung on this one in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
C
Hello Everybody I need advice please from Tilers (Bathroom / Shower Installers) who were...
Replies
Views
J
Hi folks - first post here but a long time reader, so hello! :smile5: Now onto my question -...
Replies
Views
I
S
Morning guys, I am after some advice if you could spare the time. Moved into our new home 8...
Replies
Views
Spapro
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB