UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss government funding in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gm140

I tryed the job centre but was told I had to be idle for 6 months, I tryed business gateway but at 34 was to old, my dad stumped up in the end but because course was more than 2 weeks I had to sign off.:mad2: It's been tough but have had a few jobs since completing course at end of nov. Sometimes you've got to just go for it and it'll come good in the end (hopefully)

All the best Graeme
ETL Pro Tiling

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
One thing that might work is getting a grant from the Princes Trust. Business Initiative around here helps you do it. You setup a business plan and then get a loan on a decent rate and you can spend that on getting trained and then pay it back when you have the money coming in. It's not like a normal loan like.

P

peckers

hi train to gain are doing funding ,im doing my nvq2 , think its all about how long you have been tiling , if your new then its a no , but an old dog like me gets funding ,GREAT , bout time i had something back ,payed in to it all my like ,lol
good luck mate
I contacted train to gain about funding towards a nvq2 in tiling, but they said that you have to be an empolyer and not just a one man band , they would only help out towards your employees. who did you speak to about this?

D

Danny@ Diamond

hi,

I am thinking of doing a Tiling course eg: Diamond training.
Does anyone know if there is any sort of government funding that i can apply for to help pay for it, or at least my cost of living whilst doing the course.

Thanks,

Greg.

Hi Greg,

Glad to hear that you are thinking about attending a course with us at Diamond Training Group.

Can you tell me what area you are based in, as we have 2 funding streams available to help students enrolling on courses with us.

If you can tell me a little bit more about your circumstances and where you are based, i can then advise if you would meet the criteria.

Hope this helps.

With regards to Train 2 Gain, it has finished although you wont be told this. It finished around August last year due to the minister in charge of it no managing the funds correctly, he then later resigned over it.

Anyone who had already been registered with colleges or providers were covered but they could not accept any new enrollments and this is still the case. I know of a few different providers, not in construction training that went under due to this as they relied solely upon this funding.

All the best :thumbsup:

P

parth

The Australian Government is committed to supporting Australian Businesses in a globally competitive market place. As a demonstration of the commitment and support, the government is prepared to fund the training and development of employees in a range of courses and occupational outcomes.

This goverment funding is made available on behalf of the Australian Government through the Australian Apprenticeships Program.

Government may fund up to $4,000 to employers for each eligible employee, both new and existing.

• The funding is paid directly to the employer organisation.
  • Funding is $4,000 per eligible employee paid $1500 after 90 days and $2,500 upon completion of the qualification.

The government has recognised the importance of training in ensuring high productivity, efficiencies and competitiveness for Australian Businesses. It is important for business to take advantage of this offer and upskill their staff. This is a targeted government initiative, and the offer of funding and support to businesses may only be available for a limited time. The time to take advantage of this opportunity is now.

J

jay

The Australian Government is committed to supporting Australian Businesses in a globally competitive market place. As a demonstration of the commitment and support, the government is prepared to fund the training and development of employees in a range of courses and occupational outcomes.

This goverment funding is made available on behalf of the Australian Government through the Australian Apprenticeships Program.

Government may fund up to $4,000 to employers for each eligible employee, both new and existing.

• The funding is paid directly to the employer organisation.
  • Funding is $4,000 per eligible employee paid $1500 after 90 days and $2,500 upon completion of the qualification.
The government has recognised the importance of training in ensuring high productivity, efficiencies and competitiveness for Australian Businesses. It is important for business to take advantage of this offer and upskill their staff. This is a targeted government initiative, and the offer of funding and support to businesses may only be available for a limited time. The time to take advantage of this opportunity is now.

your link is broken

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to government funding in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi I am thinking of training to gain city and guilds on weekends I’m just wondering is there...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.