Discuss granite advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ross9807

hi

i went to look at a job to lay 20-30mm thick granite slabs for stairs and then normal granit tiles around.

Does anyone have any advice?

• Do i need to use white flexible adhesive?
  • Do i need to seal them? if so when? how many times?
  • Does granite a really long time to dry?
  • I thinks they'll be pre-cut, but if not i have a dewalt 2400. I guess that will get throught them but will it knacker the blade?
basically ive never laid granite, and never a tile that thick.
So any tips and advice would be great!

thanks

R

ross9807

I'm not sure exactly which colour the granite is or the grout but probaly a light pinky-grey tile/slab with grey grout.

I guess you have to lay light coloured granite with white adhesive and dark granite with grey. is that right? -cos it can bleed through.

What about sealing?

"Would it be wise to get another tiler in who does and shadow him"

that would be great, and in a perfect world i'd love to. unfortunatley i work in slovenia, where if ure self employed you have to pay 300€ a month for the liberty, and then tax on top. So unfortunatley i need to take all the work i can get.
-maybe this is the reason why theres a lot of balls-ups in the building industry, but i figure if i can find out all the info i'll still be able to do a half decent job. thanks tho

Reply to granite advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
granite advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.