Discuss Granite tiles on ply wood floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BARONARMY

Hi Guys

Just want to pick your brains if i may...

I have a bathroom floor that has had the floor boards ripped up and replaced with 18mm marine grade ply. The floor area is about 2.5M x 2.5M. My question is the ply is not one sheet and as 2 smaller cut outs, could this cause me any problems in the future with any joist movement ???

Also if you could recommend a good adhesive for the granite tiles and also what size notch trowel to use ?

Keep up the good work and thanks in advance

Gavin

B

BARONARMY

Hi Pebbs

Your right about the calibration as some of them are out, if layed on top of each other some look as if they are warped or out by a 1mm or 2mm. I think 3mm it is then for the spacer, i was going for a minimal grout look to show the tiles off butt 1mm isnt going to hurt.

Just been checking the data sheet for Mapei Keraquick, it recommends a upto 7mm bed, Phill is saying use 10mm or 12mm bed. Will 7mm do ? or go for a different adhesive that will take the thicker bed ?

Gav

Reply to Granite tiles on ply wood floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I’ve got 3/4” MDF over 1-1/2” t&g car decking, over 6x8” joists on 48” centers. All solid, good...
Replies
Views
Waterproofing a small shower room in a loft conversion. Original tiles laid on ply wood...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Granite tiles on ply wood floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.