Discuss Grout dilemma ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

redzed

hi

I've recently finished tiling my kitchen floor with beige/cream ceramic tiles. I bought some beige grout to use but after trying a small section I'm not too sure now as all of the colours just blend together with no contrast at all.

I've considered using a paler shade of the beige in order to help the tiles stand out a bit but would this colour get dirty very quickly on a kitchen floor and should I therefore be using a grey grout instead? I must admit that a grey grout reminds me straight away of the floor tiles at my local supermarket. :(

I'm also fitting new light oak units if that helps.

What colour grout would you guys recommend?

many thanks

R

redzed

Thanks for all of the replies.

I'll try darkening the beige first and see where I get. I must admit to never thinking of a chocolate or dark brown though so that's also a good option.

All of you pro tilers must have come across many customers who have changed their minds about the grout when you've finished the job?

It's not such a bad thing having no grout though as at least all of the crumbs have somewhere to go.

Reply to Grout dilemma ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Grout dilemma ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.