Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Grout lines in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Huntndude

My question involves grout and grout lines. We recently purchased 750 square ft of Mexican travertine stone tiles in the versi pattern. The tile installers said that they were going to lay the stone without using grout line spacers. They have now layed the tiles and put the tiles right up next to each other with very little space for grout. The tiles have chiseled edges and I'm concerned that they will not be able to seal the tile and also will not be able to see the chiseled edges. What exactly is the purpose of the grout and should I make them tear out and start over with using grout spacers?

H

Huntndude

Here are the pictures

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 77
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

My question involves grout and grout lines. We recently purchased 750 square ft of Mexican travertine stone tiles in the versi pattern. The tile installers said that they were going to lay the stone without using grout line spacers. They have now layed the tiles and put the tiles right up next to each other with very little space for grout. The tiles have chiseled edges and I'm concerned that they will not be able to seal the tile and also will not be able to see the chiseled edges. What exactly is the purpose of the grout and should I make them tear out and start over with using grout spacers?

No tile should be fixed butt jointed, I would recommend a 3mm joint. The reason for grout is to allow for any expansion, also makes the floor/wall water resistant.:thumbsup:

Reply to Grout lines in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new signup here beginning first tiling job. We've got a conservatory room at the back...
Replies
Views
Thanks for taking your time to read through this and really appreciate the support! So me and...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
W
I'm considering using a tile levelling system with porcelain tiles 600mm x 300mm on both the...
Replies
Views
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Grout lines
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.