Discuss Grout or Not ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ianflem

Hi,

I've just fitted some of the following tiles,having not fitted this type of tile
before I just wondered If you would grout or not ? Supplier has tiles displayed both
grouted and not grouted. (Grouted seems to highlight tile joints) They aint installed
in a wet area and customer ain't fussed,but does'nt seem right not grouting. Opinons
pls
20130911_193510.jpg 20130911_193600.jpg

Q

Qwerty

I don't think the grouted version looks very attractive at all.

I can only see 2 photos of ungrouted......what can you see John that I can't?

I thought the bottom photo was just a close up of the top one? I can see the radius corners of the individual tiles a mile off. Grouting in a dark beige or caramel would sort this IMO.
Play it safe, tell them to live with it ungrouted for a bit and call you back if the change their mind ;)

M

MTiler

Hi,

I've just fitted some of the following tiles,having not fitted this type of tile
before I just wondered If you would grout or not ? Supplier has tiles displayed both
grouted and not grouted. (Grouted seems to highlight tile joints) They aint installed
in a wet area and customer ain't fussed,but does'nt seem right not grouting. Opinons
pls
View attachment 54211 View attachment 54212

What does the customer want?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grout or Not ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi I would like to use some indoor tiles outside on the top of my fish pond wall, the tiles I am...
Replies
Views
Advice needed, noticed some grout that was cracked and tiles becoming loose in our en suite wet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB