Discuss Grout or Silly-Cone in Corners...? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mmmadman

Hi All

Well my DIY bathroom project is coming to an end and the grouting is starting.

I am fully aware of using silicone around the bath to tile interface but what about the corners of the room and around the door architrave, what do you guys & gals do...?

Also my grout is off white, would you stick (pardon the pun) white silicone or try and find a coloured one to match...?

Many thanks..........

Cheers..........:8:

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Just bear in mind when siliconing up to painted/varnished woodwork that future painting will not stick to the silicone, use decoraters chaulk for these areas.

My plumbers van wouldn't start this morning (ignition switched jammed) so I've got the day off, well thats not scrictly true as I'm going to walk to a couple of jobs round the corner, they are easy jobs with minimal tools.

Reply to Grout or Silly-Cone in Corners...? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi all, As per the title, my tiler has grouted the internal corners of our new shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Grout or Silly-Cone in Corners...?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.