Discuss grout problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

That sounds like it could be the problem. when giving it that last wipe, does it muck anything up if you wipe it over too late? -in terms of colour/powder.

So ive now ruined one bathroom, what's the best way for me to put it right?
soap, sand paper??....... that other tiler said acid??? (but he also said it was ok)

any ideas??

heres some pictures of it aswell.

View attachment 21070 View attachment 21071 View attachment 21072

thanks a lot for all the advice,
ive got to do the other bathroom 2moro, so i really hope that that is the problem.

OK.. Use some residue remover and rub the joints with a scotch-brite pad with grout residue remover.. rinse to neutralise and then leave to dry.. then see what you have..:)

R

ross9807

yesterday i done exactly what you said and it worked.

i get the feeling that i'm still doing it a bit too wet, but i'm using a wash boy and i really can't see how you can ring the sponge out any more on the rollers.

also although i went over everything a few times and wiped the joints, still a few bits of residue dry up here and there.

whats normal? do you usually leave a job with a few patches????

the other tiler said it was completley fine and that i should just tell the customer to give it a scrub??
(i gave it a scrub with vinegar and water 1:1 and it came off a treat.)

any more advice is welcome.

again thanks to everyone who replied,
and my hat goes off to whoever made this site. It really is incredible. :)

ross

P

peckers

I dont use a wash boy on walls for the same reason as they hold too much water! i only use them on floors, other members do and get on fine with them. but id rather stick to a high quality hand sponge on walls! I suppose you could get away with using wash boy on walls for the first initial wash to get grout off the face of the tiles. then do the rest with hand sponge.
there will always be a little bit off grout haze/dust left on the tiles after giving them a good clean down! but the more often you rinse your sponge and change your water the better. the dust that is left after your last final clean down can be easily buffed off when all is dry!

Reply to grout problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
grout problems
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.