UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Grout same job twice? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

alan0259

Tiled my kitchen floor and grouted it last week.

I mixed the grout 3.5 to 1 ratio as stated on the bag and mixed thoroughly, only made enough to last me about 15 mins each time.

The space between the tiles are 2mm and the odd tiny patch hasn't come out grey but more of a light brown, this is only the odd patch though.

Also, some areas aren't grouted up to the tiles (not flush) and have sunk slightly and some have tiny air bubbles in the grout (looks like it anyway).

Is there any reason for this? Just about to go over it again and thought I'd ask...

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alan0259

Stuff from Homebase, evo-stik Fast Set Grout - Light Grey.

Doesn't say anything on the packet about minimum spacing :mad2:

Why would it matter anyway?

Floor is concrete and was using 60cm x 30cm porcelain tiles

722282HBO111111X.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Tiled my kitchen floor and grouted it last week.

I mixed the grout 3.5 to 1 ratio as stated on the bag and mixed thoroughly, only made enough to last me about 15 mins each time.

The space between the tiles are 2mm and the odd tiny patch hasn't come out grey but more of a light brown, this is only the odd patch though.

Also, some areas aren't grouted up to the tiles (not flush) and have sunk slightly and some have tiny air bubbles in the grout (looks like it anyway).

Is there any reason for this? Just about to go over it again and thought I'd ask...

Cheers

Grout has been mixed to wet and washed off to early, not allowing for the grout to set up before washing off..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grout same job twice? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Grout same job twice?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.