Discuss Grouting advise please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richardkear

Hi,
looking for some advise from the professional out there. Recently completed tiling out the on-suite bathroom both walls and floor.
Took a lot of advise from the forum and am well pleased with the job.(as is wife)
Now it has come to the point of grouting and I have always struggled with the correct technique for this.
I read somewhere..... that getting the mix consistency right is critical.
I am using Mapei ultra colour grout.
Any advise on how to achieve a great finish would be greatly appreciated.
Step by step if possible :19:
Cheers
Rich K

Ultra colour is lovely to use BUT, it goes off fast, don't grout to much at a time if your not comfortable / confident, don't rush it, also, depending on the colour, it has a lot of pigment, so plenty of clean water. How many meters are you looking at ?

Hi Alan,
approx 19m2 on wall on 3 m2 on floor

Depending on your application speed and wall size, maybe one wall at a time, keep checking how it's setting, you can gauge this by touch, what colour are you using ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grouting advise please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
My tiled bathroom floor is new but I have moisture seemingly seeping up through the grouting in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Grouting advise please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.