UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss grouting issue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
There is a problem with it, there has to be. There is no way that all these incidents are user error, and let's not forget, these are only the ones we know about!

I'll be honest, I haven't used Mapei for a couple of years now after I had these problems on a few jobs especially with jasmine. But it was way before I joined TF

I

Ian

well thats that then, cheers,do you think if i mix up properly and do all the measuring malarkee and go over it again i will have more sucess? please say yes please say yes. grouting a dark grey floor and a light grey wall tomorrow, gonna be grinding my teeth tonight, just as well i brought a new disc for my grinder! tee hee, im here all week folks

I've said it on other threads and I'll say it on this one, there are big problems with this grout. Someone knows something and won't share the info with the tiling world. Until I'm convinced the problem has been rectified I'll be going no where near ultra colour. In the mean time, I'll keep using BAL.

W

White Room

I've said it on other threads and I'll say it on this one, there are big problems with this grout. Someone knows something and won't share the info with the tiling world. Until I'm convinced the problem has been rectified I'll be going no where near ultra colour. In the mean time, I'll keep using BAL.

Thats why I recently asked you what grout your using now Bri....

D

DHTiling

I use Ultra colour all the time.. and do not have any issues... it IS!! user error.. you are washing off to early and leaving to much water in the joint... polymer leaching is very common with heavily modified grouts and until you use them properly then you will always get this shading..

Don't want to upset readers etc but IMHO it is user error when cleaning down.. but if another make works for you , then even better but you cannot simply blame a grout when the product is fine...

Just my opinion as to why some folk have issues with this grout.. not digs or cyber bullying..:):):) just how i see it.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
A wee bit worse than patchy grout. :yikes:

Sorry to disapoint John, but it wasnt me, The Tiling Company (Newcastle) only had them 3 on at that time. :smilewinkgrin:

Done some patching in some fitness firsts a wee while ago where the mosaics had been packed out with Hardboard! :mad2:

How do these people get the jobs in the first place? They surely must be vetted on previous work and be asked how they are going to repair, but then again the customer wouldn't know what was right or wrong i suppose!

Reply to grouting issue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.