Discuss grouting techniques in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stephenoneill

for all my large floors i grout as follows;mix grout to a liquidy state apply to floor with squeegee ;then apply grout straight from the bag on the floor leave settle 5minutes then aggressivly push key in the grout with my squeegee:this technique has many advantages 1 the grout is perfectly level with the tile;no hollow groove between the tiles 2 the tiles are completley cleaned dry so when i go to clean with the sponge its quicker and easier to finish;always use this technique and have perfectly grouted floors; anybody got some other techniques to share:hurray:

D

DHTiling

Ruff *** git .... is your
h1.gif
out back :):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The D

for all my large floors i grout as follows;mix grout to a liquidy state apply to floor with squeegee ;then apply grout straight from the bag on the floor leave settle 5minutes then aggressivly push key in the grout with my squeegee:this technique has many advantages 1 the grout is perfectly level with the tile;no hollow groove between the tiles 2 the tiles are completley cleaned dry so when i go to clean with the sponge its quicker and easier to finish;always use this technique and have perfectly grouted floors; anybody got some other techniques to share:hurray:
That was a method we used years a go before pre mixed grout was so popular it is a fantastic method when using 3&1 sand and cement for your grout but I would not do that with pre mixed grouts

C

charlie1

Hi steph, Saw tommy walsh do that when pointing a patio once, ...but he not a tiler!

I mix batch, grout joints (prob for arround 10 mins)... so 1 or 2 walls depending bla bla, then wash off... but at the end, i change all the water in my wash boy and give 1 more final wipe... then as drying i very lightly with small sponge give each joint 1 very light pass just to ensure no water is sitting on top of joint

+ always use mapei ...like always!

S

stephenoneill

THIS IS A TECHNIQUE WHICH I LEARNED WHEN I CAME TO FRANCE .IN ROME DO AS THE ROMANS DO ETC.MOSTLY GREY GROUT .HOWEVER IT WILL NOT CHANGE THE COLOUR OF THE GROUT AAT ALL. HAVE GROUTED 5000 m2 floors with this method specified by the architect;it is 100 times faster than beeing on your knees with a grout float all day 3 tilers can easily do over 1000 m a day and as i have said bfore ;the finish is always perfect joints are full; their are no problems with air bubbles ;little holes etc ;the finish is always perfect: for those who like to sit on their knees all day doing 100 meters a day stay their if it works for you ;i prefer to stand when i grout ;hope that helps

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Only time I've done this method is when a joint on a floor is soaked and would sprinkle a few dryers on it to firm the joint up. Would imagine it would make an entire floor patchy though.

Lol not heard the term "dryers" for a while, but yes as Peter, Deano and Protiers999 say this was a great method for sand and cement, Would not fancy it with modern grouts though.:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

When I started my time I didn't know who the boss meant when he said he was picking up Heather Brown and Reuben Red for the job. Were they other tilers? :lol:

When i jacked working for the tiling comp i worked for back in 1996 , i never wanted to see another RE heather brown again.. we were working on a MOD base , fitting RE skirts to air craft hangers.... 100000000's of linear mtrs day in day out bloody skirtings... :yikes: ... i gave up.. hence going on my own..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to grouting techniques in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
We have just finished a 23m floor done in 300x300 grey rocktop porcelain from Johnsons Kerastar...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-MXRJTp6s Raimondi BERTA Grout Washing Machine...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB