Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Grouting tumbled mosaic border tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jimh20

Hi,

This is my first post. I'm not a Pro, but I've successfully tiled before.

This time, for the bathroom, my wife has chosen a scheme with an lower and upper border of 25mm tumbled marble mosaics (9x9 in a 292x292 mesh). The mosaics are peppered with little holes, which is partly why she likes them.

How can I grout them neatly, without filling the holes with grout? This is a first for me. I saw that Evostick have a grout cartridge which looked ideal, 'till I read six consecutive reviews saying it was worse than useless!

Thanks, Jim

J

jimh20

Hi again,

The grouting problem is now solved. I'm going to grout over the mosaics. I've had a look at the mosaic sheets, and the holes/pits are minimal anyway.

Next question, if I may? How do you guys space the strips of mosaics?

Someone told me to lay the borders after the main tiles, so that the mosaics can be pressed down flush with the tiles above and below. I can't do that if I have spacers which are thicker than the tiles (i.e. if the spacers stick out).

Regards, Jim

W

White Room

Something like this, use tile off cuts to leave an opening for the mosaic
whitebeam-albums-shower-picture7432-how-space-mosaic-border.jpg

J

jimh20

Thanks, Whitebeam, especially for the picture.

That's a great solution for leaving the correct width for the border to go in.

Having done that, what's the best way to ensure the one inch square individual mosaics line up straight?

I'll be laying a lower, double border, and an upper single border, of 25x25mm mosaics in strips of nine, and I want them in a dead straight horizontal line.

Do I use normal spacers, for each of these little "tiles" on their mesh?

Regards, jim

E

enduro

You could use this to make the job easier for you.
The main benefits of using MOSAIC TILE MESH for tiling are as follows:-
No more uneven spaces or loose mosaics on the sheet or the unsightly in and out effect of trying to pack the thinner mosaic tiles with adhesive to finish flush with the tile.

With MOSAIC TILE MESH these problems now have one simple solution with perfect results every time.

Once applied to the back of a mosaic sheet the whole sheet can be fed through the wet cutter to make cutting easier, quicker and with less wastage.

The sheets are easy to handle and can be cut with scissors or can be scored and snapped.

MOSAIC TILE MESH can be used as a packer for thin mosaics used with a thicker tile. It is 2mm thick and can be built up until the desired depth is achieved.

Once applied to the back of mosaics the mosaic sheet becomes flexible and can be used for forming round pillars or akward shapes with ease and maintaining even joints.

MOSAIC TILE MESH carries a 2 year guarantee against any defects or installations provided the correct grade of adhesive and grout for the type of installation carried out has been used.

MOSAIC TILE MESH has been fully tested before it's launch.

Stone mosaics and heavy glass mosaics do not present any problems when used in conjunction with MOSAIC TILE MESH.

Fast turnaround with stock in the U.K.

MOSAIC TILE MESH can be used in swimming pools and wet rooms/wet areas.

MOSAIC TILE MESH comes packaged in square metre packs consisting of 11 sheets of 300mmx300mmx2mm.

The price per square metre is £16.50 + p&p. To break this down it equates to £1.50 per sheet or if the sheet was divided to make six borders as is often the case it would cost 25 pence per border. A small price to pay for an installation that lasts on average 15 years. Why risk it?

MOSAIC TILE MESH, PERFECT RESULTS EVERY TIME.

For trade enquiries please e-mail [email protected] or see Contact Us page for alternative ways to get in touch.

For questions relating to MOSAIC TILE MESH please see our Contact Us page.

To place an order please see our How To Order page

Reply to Grouting tumbled mosaic border tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first thread, so hopefully I'm observing all the rules... I am struggling to grout...
Replies
Views
K
Hi, I'm having my ensuite refurbished with ceramic wall tiles laid in a brick effect with a...
Replies
Views
David - Tradetiler
D
N
Hi All, First time in the forum so please bear with me, we are currently mid installation for a...
Replies
Views
S
I'm tiling a Victorian fireplace in my own home. I started by ripping up the old tiles and using...
Replies
Views
scaredbri
S
Evening all, Im new to this forum and relativelty new ish to tilling, have only been doing it...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Grouting tumbled mosaic border tiles.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.