Discuss Guarantees what do in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
As tiling contractors you are bound by the provision of goods and services act which says that the goods and services offered must be of the quality nature and substance reasonably expected by the customer and that said olds and services must remain fit for the purpose for which they have been designed for a reasonable period.

Subject to suitable traffic and loadings and a number of other caveats I would expect tiled floor to remain fit for purpose for a significant period of time, probably twenty years plus.

I am sure this will have been tested in court. In essence your documentary guarantee is worthless as a defence because you cannot exclude yourself from your legal responsibilities to your customers. The only question to answer would be what is a reasonable period of expected durability.

written guarantees are really just so much salesmanship.

B

Bubblecraft

From T&C's from website:

We offer a 1 year guarantee on all our trades once work is completed and full payment is received. Guarantee does not cover general wear & tear, missuse of products or alterations made or requested by the customer. If we have purchased goods and/or appliances on your behalf then you will receive the manufacturers warranty, if supplied with one.

A5 written final invoice book says this at the bottom
ujazu8uj.jpg

A5 written deposit book states "THIS IS NOT PROOF OF YOUR GUARANTEE"

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
its like anything really,if its my fault and it obvious then no problem at all.
but say ive rendered a house and water penetrates behind it,from a leak in the roof or soffits ect ect and it blows from frost,is that my fault,should i re do for nowt? or render cracks at a stress point,corner of window for example,is that my fault,same with plastering a wall,houses move a lot ?
some customers will try owt,i even had one say i had to re board and skim a ceiling cos the roof had leaked.
A floor debonds from water impregnation(its a bugger is water,can get up a ducks *** you know)is that my fault ?
i tell thee what,if we could get away with what insurance company's get away with,we would all be laughing

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Guarantees what do in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB