Discuss Guarantees in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

So for anyone interested I went back to see job on Tues, ended up there for 4 hours, cut out and regrouted and sealed tray as hair line cracks all over the place, and grout crumbling round drain, builder agreed its the joist drying out twisted the tray, he wasn't and i wasn't sure if the waste had seep holes in it so we think the tray was filling up under tiles and water finding its way out somewhere, note to self to extend tanking a lot further past shower area in future..anyhow she's been using shower all week and alls good...my guarantee has definitely run out now as didn't even get a cheers, merry Christmas, here's a bottle of wine for your troubles :(

I

Italy

So for anyone interested I went back to see job on Tues, ended up there for 4 hours, cut out and regrouted and sealed tray as hair line cracks all over the place, and grout crumbling round drain, builder agreed its the joist drying out twisted the tray, he wasn't and i wasn't sure if the waste had seep holes in it so we think the tray was filling up under tiles and water finding its way out somewhere, note to self to extend tanking a lot further past shower area in future..anyhow she's been using shower all week and alls good...my guarantee has definitely run out now as didn't even get a cheers, merry Christmas, here's a bottle of wine for your troubles :(
good andy :)

S

Spare Tool

I've learnt this year - it doesn't pay to try and save a few quid with generic foam-core trays.
I'll always use Wedi or Schluter trays now. Last two cheaper ones I had were both bent and I've lost all confidence in them now.
Id say whichever tray was used on this particular job wouldn't have made any difference from the amount of twisting from the joists, its solid but the floor had moved so much it had split the silicone round the whole room and opened up a 5mill gap in some places..only difference as far as the leak goes would have been seep holes in waste

O

One Day

Id say whichever tray was used on this particular job wouldn't have made any difference from the amount of twisting from the joists, its solid but the floor had moved so much it had split the silicone round the whole room and opened up a 5mill gap in some places..only difference as far as the leak goes would have been seep holes in waste
you're far too nice then Andy! If I'd seen movement like that, I'd simply have said 'not my fault guv! '

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Guarantees in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB