Discuss Gulf Stone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tommy1712

i am in the process of planning my wife's dream bathroom and using it as a look what the f I can do as a real high end demo for my company.
Wet room shower with 3 way diverter rain fall in ceiling, rose, rainforest mist with frameless screen (easy enough)
Whirlpool bath12 jet and led mood lighting set in a tiled plinth (front section removable)
TV in wall
Under floor heating
Back to wall pan
Get the picture..... Gunna be real footballs house stuff :)

I want gulf stone but I have never worked with it yet (but a tile is a tile)
I use topps for everything but there gulf is mentally priced even on trade. There advice is there's is the best (don't doubt it is) yes bal adhesive with ad1

But £1300 for 10sqm really?????? Priced it for a customer the other week

Are there gulf stone tiles as good as they say and the cheaper alternative for others that inferior?

Also is gulf on the floor going to be a bad idea in the bathroom that I will regret (don't forget the wet room floor is it liable to be a ice rink if so please throw a idea in the mix

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
More water marking than lime scale / mineral salts, if you keep on top of it it wouldn't be a problem, water and sufactants of shampos and soaps in the water are the problem, maintenance is key. similar to having a polished marble shower. If your happy to remove excess water after use squeegee and towel after use this will it in tip top cond. still worried about these tiles in direct water situation so would speak to them direct about suitability for these areas.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That all sounds far too high maintenance for me. On the days I want to grab a shower and get out the house, I'd not want to be using a squeegee for 15 minutes while I'm drip drying my short and curlys.

Take a look at some of the large format porcelain like porcel-thin and whatnot. Maybe theow in some stone mosaics as a border and maybe even a vertical border and two contrasting colours in the porcelain.

TV in the shower wall maybe? Coloured lights in the floor?

I want gulf stone but I have never worked with it yet (but a tile is a tile)
I use topps for everything but there gulf is mentally priced even on trade. There advice is there's is the best (don't doubt it is) yes bal adhesive with ad1

But £1300 for 10sqm really?????? Priced it for a customer the other week

Are there gulf stone tiles as good as they say and the cheaper alternative for others that inferior?

Also is gulf on the floor going to be a bad idea in the bathroom that I will regret (don't forget the wet room floor is it liable to be a ice rink if so please throw a idea in the mix

Firstly, the quote at T*pps price is high, even for gulfstone. Use Tilemaster Ulitmate to fix (S2) to gulfstone. Yes, there are cheaper altrernatives, however they are less effective.
You can get Gulfstone 50x50 cm mosaics that would be ideal for the wet area.

C

Concrete guy

Any close up pics of the worktop?

It was a bit sunny today and difficult to get good pics but these give you an idea.

P1100391_zpszwad7gq7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
P1100391_zpszwad7gq7.jpg

P1100393_zpslyxauqv1.jpg

P1100392_zpsc2u3hyyl.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Gulf Stone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi folks, I have been doing a lot of research as to which is the best tanking product to use on...
Replies
Views
M
Hi guys. I have been in the process of a jobs for a while. consists of a few rooms of tiling and...
Replies
Views
T
Hi New to the forum and new to tiles and underfloor heating. Hope you will be able to take some...
Replies
Views
TinyFlat
T
H
Hi All, Firstly I'm not a tiler! I've just moved in with my partner and I'm looking to rent out...
Replies
Views
I
O
Hi Folks Newbie here so here goes I am about to tile my new wet room which i have done from...
Replies
Views
Onecut
O

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB