Discuss Gyvlon floor.here we go... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
I will try to include as much detail as possible in the right order.Might have to break up into several threads so I dont get info over load.!!

Marble is rosso levanto. 600 X 300 X 20mm.Highly polished.

images

All to be laid brick bond.

Areas,ground floor & first floor.Both are solid.Total,205sqm.Each area comprises of walkway,hallway,and several rooms coming off of them.Same marble for all.

Wet ufh(using brown water,(waste)heated at a lower temp than clean water). Commissioning is taking place now.

Gyvlon has been down 8 weeks.Have spoken to "screed it".it is low laitance. www.screed.it. Thanks James for the info.No tech speak.

I will,remove high spots.(very few)remove loose material.No need to sand as it is low laitance.Screed is only a couple of mm out here & there.Will sweep & vaccum.

Ardex products being supplied are,addy, x7001.grout, mg dark grey,will be telling them to get me ardex p51 primer.(loads !). x7001 is ok to use with p51 primer on gyvlon say ardex.

P51 primer.. Dilute 1:3 ?
It comes in kgs not ltrs.
10 sqm per kg ?

Will be priming at least twice depending on absorbtion.

Will leave it at that for the moment. More to come.

Comments ?

Ps. comments just to this point. (expansion,decoupling,etc to follow) :thumbsup:

I

Ian

Del I'm doing a low laitence job at the mo and I did a sample tile using butech cement based addy (Porcelanosa), the floor had been sanded and primed and in all honesty mate it only took a scraper under it to remove it after 48 hrs. Porcelanosa themselves said the addy was spot on for the job, I disagree. Using a gypsum based addy to do the job with and have to say, it's impossible to get it off the floor after fully cured.

Sent using Tapatalk

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
Thanks Sir, have spoken to n & c lakeside,near dartford,closest one to me,if i wanted it now,no problem. not on general realease till next friday so it seems.Thanks to n & c lakeside. A lot cheaper than creative aswell.

You only used 5 bags... half day then ? :lol:

G

Gazzer

Thanks Sir, have spoken to n & c lakeside,near dartford,closest one to me,if i wanted it now,no problem. not on general realease till next friday so it seems.Thanks to n & c lakeside. A lot cheaper than creative aswell.

You only used 5 bags... half day then ? :lol:

Late start, Had to set out too and move furniture out the room, finished at 4pm. 19m2 inc cuts....yeah a bit slow !! Thom.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Gyvlon floor.here we go... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
S
I have a project of tiling my kitchen floor in my hands and i want to do it right at once rather...
Replies
Views
schakal
S
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Del W

Arms
TF
Canterbury
Business Name
D W Tiling

Thread Information

Title
Gyvlon floor.here we go...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.