Discuss Gyvlon low laitence screeds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

There are quite a few threads regarding this type of screed and there seems to be a mixed response on the correct adhesive to be using. I had a read of a bag of Mapei proflex today and although it is cement based, it says providing the substrate is sanded, hoovered and primed with eco prim, it is a suitable addy. I was under the impression that a gypsum based was the preferred adhesive to be using. Am I getting my screeds and addys mixed up or is there more than one correct way to be going about this? Thanks as always, Bri.

D

DHTiling

Pretty sure Webber do one...

They did import some from weber france but at present they are making their own in the uk and as soon as it is ready they wil announce it.. so for now it is GBA from creative impressions and another i can't remember the name.. but Ajax knows it.. and there is Kerakol ideal 40 but beware on that one as i tried it and it failed and the back up from tech was appalling., but i have heard it is fine without the use of a membrane.

Reply to Gyvlon low laitence screeds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Afternoon everyone, just after a bit of advice on preparing some walls for ceramic, possibly...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out here; I've been reading as many threads...
Replies
Views
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys. All the Anhydrite screeds I have done, have UFH (wet) I have always lathered the floor...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Gyvlon low laitence screeds
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.