Discuss gyvlon screed tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I have a floor coming up starting 13th June if tiles arrive. Problem is that the client and builder keep calling the screed a latex screed. I am sure its some form of Gyvlon screed but cant get any further info from client.
The screed looks like a SLC but apparently it was poured in one and is very light to look at, very smooth and no loose surface !
Still trying to get more info but its like trying to get blood out of a stone. An Epoxy primer has been provided. There is wet UFH and its 65m2 of 600x600 travertine.
Its in the West Midlands just outside Birmingham.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I have a floor coming up starting 13th June if tiles arrive. Problem is that the client and builder keep calling the screed a latex screed. I am sure its some form of Gyvlon screed but cant get any further info from client.
The screed looks like a SLC but apparently it was poured in one and is very light to look at, very smooth and no loose surface !
Still trying to get more info but its like trying to get blood out of a stone. An Epoxy primer has been provided. There is wet UFH and its 65m2 of 600x600 travertine.
Its in the West Midlands just outside Birmingham.

If you can find out either who screeded it or who supplied it I can probably find out. I do have one potential taker at the moment in Captain Slow but if that falls through I can talk to you. The fact that an epoxy was supplied is a good indication that it is a gyvlon type screed. It must be Gyvlon though for this one so I will need to double check. If you want to PM me any details you have I will chase the captain and see if he is going to go ahead with his. It may be that we can look at both sites??

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Well that one fell through due to the client saying I was fussing too much and 2 other tilers who quoted never asked what the screed was ! Its his problem now but I know have 2 Gyvlon floor coming up and still at a loss as to which products to use. I would prefer to be able to use a local stockist but no one around here has any answers !!

I really don't understand some people, surely the fact you were asking questions shows you are a professional tiler that knows what he is talking about and wants to do the job right???? If I had 1 tradesman asking me things like that and 2 that weren't then I'd seriously doubt their ability to do the job right. That is all, rant over! :lol:

G

Gazzer

Ahh well you see , Initially I was told that I got the job because I asked lots of questions and actually checked levels etc where as the other 2 tilers just gave a price( A very cheap one) . I asked the client for info on the screed , like who laid it and what was it actually called...... I never got a response despite saying that if he gave me the builders name then I would ask myself. So its either as I was told...too fussy or he opted to go with a cheaper quote!! Who knows ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to gyvlon screed tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi, first timers here... I am tiling my bathrooms and prefer the look & neatness of tiling...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Looking to lay large format (900x900mm) thin (5.5mm) porcelain floor tiles onto a sand and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Ajax123

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Lincolnshire
Website
https://www.lkabminerals.com/en/products/gypsol/
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)

Thread Information

Title
gyvlon screed tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.