UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Gyvlon screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stone

Hi there,
looking for a little advise here.
We have tiled a floor following all of the manufacturer instructions.which were to check for moisture,sand and apply primer.We also said we would prefer to be belt and braces on this so would a decoupling matt also benefit the job and we were told it would.We also asked about the kerakol adhesive which they said we could use however the weber SPF and primer we had on site would suffice.dispite following all the instructions to the letter we now have tiles lifting around the room and tiles cracking where the expansion joints were in the screed.Im aware there have been many problems with these screeds as people have cut corners however as we have went above the requirements it is raising many concerns for us.Has anyone else came across these problems with these screeds as I have never had such big issues with any other concrete floors and I find this can be no coincidence.??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Gyvlon screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
We had a water underfloor heating installed and tiled over. 3 months later we noticed many tiles...
Replies
Views
Amethsyt
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.