Discuss Had to laugh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unused Account 1

Hey guys got a new client a plumber,went to measure up for a bathrooom,18mts walls 4 flloors ,the window wall ,two windows offset ,measured up ,then customer came in ,the tiles are 6x3inches lol,told here i couldnt use them ,as cant get good cuts everywhere ,ceiling ,floor,above window ,below window,and two windows ,.i rang the plumber ,he had a word with the client and she wants it done ,whatever it looks like ,to many people looking at picks on the internet

T

The D

Hey guys got a new client a plumber,went to measure up for a bathrooom,18mts walls 4 flloors ,the window wall ,two windows offset ,measured up ,then customer came in ,the tiles are 6x3inches lol,told here i couldnt use them ,as cant get good cuts everywhere ,ceiling ,floor,above window ,below window,and two windows ,.i rang the plumber ,he had a word with the client and she wants it done ,whatever it looks like ,to many people looking at picks on the internet
your user name is misleading a protiler should be ok with any tile

S

Spare Tool

no, still a m2 rate, why can't you have a different Mt rate for different tile type? Like most of us do
Sorry missed the IMHO off the end of my post.
But in answer to your question, IMO I'd think it would be very easy to slip up and under price a job like this... I'm sure 'MOST' of us have been there too, if we're honest?

J

J Sid

Sorry missed the IMHO off the end of my post.
But in answer to your question, IMO I'd think it would be very easy to slip up and under price a job like this... I'm sure 'MOST' of us have been there too, if we're honest?
wasn't a imho post, it was fact ;)
work out a Mt price which is equal to the day rate you would charge and add a % to this to allow for run over, say 30% then if you run over your covered and if you don't you have do well.....
do most of your customer let you do jobs on an open end day rate?

S

Spare Tool

wasn't a imho post, it was fact ;)
work out a Mt price which is equal to the day rate you would charge and add a % to this to allow for run over, say 30% then if you run over your covered and if you don't you have do well.....
do most of your customer let you do jobs on an open end day rate?
Oh so I'm not allowed an honest opinion then.. :)
No 'all' my customers get an explanation as to why the job should be done on day, or metre rate for that matter...(not that theres many of them) they then all get a best and worst estimate in days. Book my diary out to worst then if I happen to finnish a day earlier ill either fit a little job in, spend the day with the misses or get the rods out, you wanna try it some time :)

J

J Sid

Oh so I'm not allowed an honest opinion then.. :)
No 'all' my customers get an explanation as to why the job should be done on day, or metre rate for that matter...(not that theres many of them) they then all get a best and worst estimate in days. Book my diary out to worst then if I happen to finnish a day earlier ill either fit a little job in, spend the day with the misses or get the rods out, you wanna try it some time :)
I know what you saying and if your happy doing that way , then great.
I've never had or would expect a customer of mine to take me on without a fixed price.
I think its a shame you are not earning to your full potential. imho ;)

S

Spare Tool

Must admit I prefer to give a fixed price then if I have to leave early one day you can without feeling like your going awol without permission.
I have to bolt off early quite a lot to pick my children up from school, or sometimes start later to drop them off in a morning, on these days I charge by the hour and write everything down, or work later and make my 8 hours up, always inform the customer about this before I start the job...single dad card works all the time ;)

S

Spare Tool

I know what you saying and if your happy doing that way , then great.
I've never had or would expect a customer of mine to take me on without a fixed price.
I think its a shame you are not earning to your full potential. imho ;)
Hmmm so how does your honest opinion know what my potential is or needs to be? See I'm not preaching or telling anyone how to run a business cuz mate, we're back full circle again to personal circumstances, I don't need to go into details on here, but lets just say for once in my pretty crappy life so far I've finally landed on my feet, so am happy to run my business how I like and just play at being a professional tiler :)

Reply to Had to laugh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I had my bathroom tiled about 5 months ago and yesterday I noticed cracking in the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Im a DIY tiler and am about to half height tile my downstairs toilet with 600x300...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had a leak from the shower to the room below. I thought it was likely the silicone seal...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I am putting together a some idealised cross-section sketches to plan out...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB