Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Hallway Tiling - advice and price in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fad

Hi, it's a while since I had some tiling work. I've got a hallway which includes 3 cupboards to tile - 8.5 sqm in total. There are 7 doors, 4 need to be cut. The existing laminate flooring needs to be taken up first.There's only room for one tile down the centre, the rest are cuts. It's going onto floorboards, so I intend to lay plywood first. I've got 3 questions if someone can help.

First, there are some pipes(water/central heating) in one of the cupboards barely below the surface of the floor. Can I tile straight over them?

Secondly, the client has asked me to take the tiling up to the existing tiling in the kitchen without a threshold. Unless I get lucky on the levels I dont know any way of doing that. Does anyone know any different?

Lastly this job is in London and I'm thinking of charging £450 plus materials- does this sound like the right ball park?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

D

david campbell

8.5 m2 @£35(inc mats)=£317.5
4 sheets of ply =£80
lifting laminate about an hour+laying ply1/2 shift=£75
total=£472.5 all in
i would be slightly lower than yourself an thats me being good to myself on those prices!

do you need to keep access to the pipes in the cupboard?

can you not start at the existing tiling to keep yourself level with it and if there was any variation it would not be noticable beacuse you are already level at the existing tiling work

F

fad

Thanks David.
I dont think access to the pipes would be necessary as they are on the floor.

Regarding going level with the existing tiling - that is a possibility. However that might mean adjusting the addy on every tile from there on out( either adding more or reducing the standard amount) and that sounds really tricky.
Unless I gradually readjust the addy if you see what I mean.

Regarding your prices would that include getting the plywood yourself and getting rid of the laminate flooring? How long would a job like that take you
( bearing in mind the 3 cupboards you would have to tile) ?

Reply to Hallway Tiling - advice and price in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hallway Tiling - advice and price
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.