Discuss Hand Tile Scorers? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Can anyone advise me about hand held tile scorers... I bought one from Wickes but it was blunt after a couple of days... It was supposed to be Tungsten Carbide - I did put it through a lot of use - but expected it to last longer. How long do these things usually last? Maybe folk buy a bag of them and throw them away after they go blunt? I know that you can get diamond tip "glass scorers"; are there any diamond tipped scorers for use in scoring ceramic tiles? Or if TC scorers are all that's available - what brands would you recommend? Maybe some are better than others...

U

user123

Can anyone advise me about hand held tile scorers... I bought one from Wickes but it was blunt after a couple of days... It was supposed to be Tungsten Carbide - I did put it through a lot of use - but expected it to last longer. How long do these things usually last? Maybe folk buy a bag of them and throw them away after they go blunt? I know that you can get diamond tip "glass scorers"; are there any diamond tipped scorers for use in scoring ceramic tiles? Or if TC scorers are all that's available - what brands would you recommend? Maybe some are better than others...

element, :) I have 4 different glass cutters, used on glass and tile, a rigid handle tungsten carbide one, 2 wheeled ones with and without an oil resevoir, and a wheeled one with oil reservoir in a spring loaded mechanism, and I use all of them at different times, whenever one seems easier to use on a particular surface than the others, I wouldn't really like to have to stick to one. That way they last a long time, too :thumbsup:

Reply to Hand Tile Scorers? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
Hello. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out here; I've been reading as many threads...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
Was just getting my tools out of the garage ready for tiling to start this weekend and I'm...
2 3
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Stirlingshire

Thread Information

Title
Hand Tile Scorers?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.