Discuss Handmade tiles not flat in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

I know what you mean. This is why I don't stagger joints on brick effect tiles as it gives this optical illusion. Lovely work though & nice tiles!
4e5u4u5e.jpg

beanz

TF
Berkshire
I've tiled a splash back in hand made brick sized tiles.. Can't tell you who made them, as I didn't supply, but can tell you it took me 3 times longer to tile, and get them even close to no lippage. It's possible, but a LOT of extra work. What you need to ask yourself, is would you be prepared to pay 3 times the labour costs?
really your tiler should've given you the option, when he realised what a pig these tiles are to work with. ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Handmade tiles not flat in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB