Discuss Happy st Andrews day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
and so they should celebrate being scots theres a lot to be proud of

what gets my goat is that the english wont stand behind st george and celebrate being english in fear they might upset someone or break equality laws

I celebrate it the best I can but we do need to have the day off and do a mini national festival thing and have loads of regional do's. But you're right the councils and whatnot are too worried about complaints that'll cause 'em a bit of work.

I don't think we protest about it enough either which is typical of the british in general but you'd have thought the old style hardened englishman would. We just don't.

Wonder if the EDL will protest now they've taken it upon themselves to be the face of their version of the typical english. They'll do an EDL style demo and the government will just say 'look what would happen on st georges day if all these loonies got drunk on that day every year just because they protested and won, itd be national riot day for them' and that'll be our chances gone forever.

We need to do a proper petition or something for it, or get in touch with your local mp's. But who's ever tried?

Reply to Happy st Andrews day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Happy st Andrews day
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.