Discuss Hard day down the pit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Some people are just so talented they can do both imo. I know a guy whos called the tiler who canae use rapid set, not a good reputation to have. suppose its who you learn from I was fortunate to learn from some of the very best.

and I belive theres a user registerd whos name is the word i used

and the user name was a Noun, not a Verb, I strongly suggest you read the forum rules mate

i did about 8 sqmtr today and i was well chuffed!! it was on walls though, in a small bathroom.
Titchy bathroom walls are a different game altogether. 8m is good going especially if there's lots of cuts and the walls are rubbish. Still takes me hours to do window reveals etc. Not my favourite bit but I love it when they are done and they look spot on.

H

hillhead

I had a single day to lay 64m2 of pilkingtons 8"x8" i think they were.
On top of that i had to tile one high as a skirting around the whole area !!
And the grouting of these non slip tiles was a nightmare !!
I had one labourer, started at 7am and wasn't packed up to 1am the following morning.
It was a hotel i was tiling, kitchen prep area which i tiled on the monday and it was set up for a function on the tuesday !!!!
The rapid screed was in 4 days !!!!
No probs on it even now, very tiring day but nicely paid.
At least we got our nice dinners in the restaurant.

30m2 of stone is a class days work too.
I put down 26m2 yesterday of 3 size opus porcelain and i'd say 12 today with cuts etc.
The area is three rooms made into open plan with stub walls and a central pillar (1.6m long) and various ins and outs. Not nice. Lots to cut but some big open spaces to get motoring on. 4 tiles to the metre helps. Don't think even with the offer of a decent dinner I could have managed 7am to 1am. You'd need some serious eye openers for that. Blue one's I think they are. Smarties that is :)

D

doug boardley

The area is three rooms made into open plan with stub walls and a central pillar (1.6m long) and various ins and outs. Not nice. Lots to cut but some big open spaces to get motoring on. 4 tiles to the metre helps. Don't think even with the offer of a decent dinner I could have managed 7am to 1am. You'd need some serious eye openers for that. Blue one's I think they are. Smarties that is :)
did a spa/country club last summer...165 hours in 9 days, last 2 days did 44 hours, glad those daft days are over now for me1

G

Gall.B

I know a tiler like that, he says he's slow but sure. I say I'm sure your slow.

Anyway, my reputation for quality means I do all of the tiling work for this bespoke kitchen manufacturer. £30 -£100k kitchens are not bought by clients who wants a cheap and chatty job. 30m in a day doesn't represent a regular day for me by the way, if it was I would be in a box by now.

The shift I was talking about didnt represent a typical day for me either m8. the job in question was worth 1m for the flooring side alone on a 3m refit the bulk of which was tilling and belive me they dont accept a cheap chatty job either or else nobody would get paid.

I was just sharing the most productive shift I could think of where eveything came together just shows what you can achieve with an experienced squad and good team spirit

Reply to Hard day down the pit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tyne Valley, Northumberland
Business Name
Tyne Valley Tiling Limited

Thread Information

Title
Hard day down the pit
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.