Discuss Hardibacker - Sillica Dust WARNING!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

Silica Dust Warning click on the link to view video

i thought id post this up as i didnt realise that the sillica dust that is exposed when cutting hardibacker boards can cause lung cancer and lung disease...there is a really good shearing tool that is shown and it minimises the dust too!! better

the warning video above, is from the hardibacker website....

hope this helps
ed

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I voiced my concern about cutting hardie board on here quite a while ago. I read the warning on the label, they don't put them there for no reason. Especially in this age of litigation, I try to cut outside down wind from the dust, using a suitable respirator.
No doubt in the future we may find people claiming invalidity, as happened in the cotton industry (byssinosis) or the building trade ( asbestos related diseases) time will tell:yikes:

L

luke8250

i just cut 2 sheets outside with a jigsaw and no mask. i got a sore throat, came in read the label, came on here, read this, i am telling the wife i am getting absolutely blathered tonight, how many friday nights have i got left.
When i was a youngster we used to strip out all the asbestos cladding in boiler rooms, came home, snot was black in the sink. Sorry, forgot its tea time :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Hardibacker - Sillica Dust WARNING!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

A
heres some info on hardibacker boards.. HARDIE BACKER BOARDS Technical helpline...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hardibacker - Sillica Dust WARNING!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.