Discuss Hardiboard on the floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

HollyTree

Hi all,

just bought an old 1930 house and the hallway floor is all over the shop !!

i was thinking of screwing the floorboards down

9mm ply then glue and screw the hardiboards down as suggested in this \/

Am about to take on my first tiling job and am throwing myself in the deep end with a load of natural stone (marble and granite).

It's kitchen and bathroom on a first floor, so wooden subfloor. I'll screw down the existing boards and plywood of course, but have bought 6mm Hardibacker to go over it too. Need to fix that tomorrow. I was going to screw it down with Screwfix's 25mm Turbo screws but I know you need to put some mortar or 'thinset' between the Hardibacker and the wooden subfloor. Can I use a weak mortar for this (5ish to 1?), or do I need to use tile cement? If so, can I just use some cheapie stuff, or should I use the Keraquick+Latex I've got for on top? The tile sizes are a 50x50x12mm marble mosaic in the bathroom and then 305x305x10ish mm granite in the kitchen.

Thanks,
Chris
[/CODE]

then could I screed onto this with a self levelling compound?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hardiboard on the floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB