Discuss Harper Seven in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Harper is a nice name, for a boy! But calling a girl Harper Seven sounds like something out of Star Trek deep space nine.

what's wrong with nice normal traditional names like David, Victoria, Alexandra, Sarah, Robert??? drives me mad when people call their kids ridiculous names. when Kylie Minogue became a pop star hit in the UK in the late 80's the amount of girls burdened with the name Kylie was phenomenal!

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Names always get shortened:
H7 - isn't that a road in Milton Keynes?...................or is it a car bulb?

Harper is more like a boys name.

I used to live in Bramley road, and always thought if I had a baby boy I would call him Bramley. Everyone hated the idea. I had 2 girls anyway - Sophie & Lucy

D

doit4u

Actors aren't allowed to register the same or very similar names with Equity so have to chose something else or often entertainers choose something different as they do not have a particularly showbizy name.

When we were running workshops here's some fun games we used to play with people to find alternative names.

1) Take the name of the street or house where you were born/first lived and your mother's maiden name. In my case I was born in Rupert Street and my mother's maiden name was Ball so I would be Rupert Ball. This usually produces some thing reasonable

2) Take the name of your first pet and you middle name. My first pet was a budgie called Joey and as I do not have a middle name I would be Joey Blank. In my case not to outrageous but from experience most people come out sounding like a ****star.

3) Finally if you want a science fiction name use you name backwards so I would Niffirg Sirch.

Give it a go and see what you get. It can make a good party game especially if everyone has had a few.

Reply to Harper Seven in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

What does everyone usually use ? Such a mix out there!!!!!!!
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Some adhesives give info (not seemingly Mapei). I think the Mapei Standard Set Plus would suit...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Harper Seven
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.