Discuss Has my UK property had its 10 year inspection performed correctly? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Has my UK property had its 10 year inspection performed correctly? Discussion ThreadHas my UK property had its 10 year inspection performed correctly? Electrical Advice

I have a property that was built (barn conversion) in 2008. I have the corresponding electrical inspection certificate dated 10-Jul-08, which states performed in accordance with BS7671 2001, amended to March 2004.

I since had an inspection in 2014 with no issues reported.

I have recently had an inspection and have been failed (C2 category, 5.12.1, & 2, & 3), quote…“absence of 30mA RCD protection to all circuits excluding DB1, SP12. The 30mA RCD protection was not raised on report in 2014 and should have been.”

So I have two reports that have not flagged RCD protection as a problem until the most recent, and I am now expected to pay a significant sum to correct this apparent “fail” when this is how the installation was performed and presumably signed off by a competent person, which I am obviously confused and upset about.

Questions
  • Was the installation and first inspection performed correctly in 2008?
  • What documents would I need determine specification stated in the planning approval?
  • If not, do I have any recourse with the builder or electrical company that did the initial installation in 2008?
  • Should the most recent inspection have been flagged as “fail” based on the information provided here?
Appreciate any advice you can offer

Thanks

Has my UK property had its 10 year inspection performed correctly? for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Has my UK property had its 10 year inspection performed correctly? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Has my UK property had its 10 year inspection performed correctly? Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond